Tuesday, December 21, 2010

snowmen.

i made two snowmen today.
the first, i made completely by myself.
his name is francis.
of course, i didn't have the proper things for a face.
so i sculpted it out of snow.
his nose was one that i always look for in people.
his eyes were hollowed out.
and i gave him lovely large cheeks and a chin.
let's not forget his ears, either.
then he's smiling, happy as can be.
i show my mom, she doesn't like him.
"he's short and fat!" she told me.
i said that he was my kind of man.
but she insisted i make another.
so, i did. this one, tim helped me make him.
he's taller than me. about six foot.
my mom used glass jar lids for his eyes.
and made a cone for his nose.
plastic little stars for his smile,
tinsel for his scarf.
fringle, i named this one, was flashy.
close to the road so everyone could see him.
sure, he's the one everyone sees.
makes himself pretty for the various onlookers.
but the one with the most personality,
that would be francis. in the back, smiling sweetly.
silently plotting his revenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment