Friday, December 24, 2010

christmas eve.

christmas eve.
i've always had a family tradition,
where i go to my grandma's house.
my cousin cloee and i,
would sit on the floor in front of the fireplace,
and open all our presents at the same time.
we got little tea sets,
lots of matching clothes,
even though we're completely different.
the rest of my family would just gather around,
and we'd all open presents after eating.
the food was always great.
just a few years ago it's changed.
my dad can't make it out this year.
one of my older cousins is on his mission.
definitely a different way to celebrate.
this year, i drove myself, with my cousin, to my grandma's.
i've never driven to my grandma's house.
my station wagon got a new tire and full gas today,
so it was set for the trip.
we opened present, ate, played a game.
upwords, a game i used to play with my dad.
all the time.. and it made me miss him a lot.
i hope you all have your own christmas traditions.
like opening your pajamas to wear to wake up in.
which, even though my mom made me some a while ago,
my sister gave me some to open to wear tomorrow.
i love my family, and i'm grateful for this christmas.
my presents were somewhat smaller than usual this year.
but that's okay, because i gave more away.
that's a great feeling to have around christmas time.
i hope you sleep well, have a merry christmas.
thanks for reading. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment