Monday, December 20, 2010

the life of a fry.

i thought life would be easy.
hanging out in the fields.
and then one day, we got taken.
placed into a dark box made out of wood.
then it was a long time before i saw light again.
it wasn't a good light, fluorescent.
fake light that didn't make me feel well.
all of my family was taken from me.
and then, it was my turn to feel the pain.
it was quick, and then we splashed into water.
cold, stinky water that stung my eyes.
and then into another dark place.
it was only a few hours or so until i came out again.
they took us out in bundles.
stuck us into some grease, burning our bodies.
after that, we were placed in a small basket.
some of us didn't fit very well inside it.
then we left the fluorescent lights into more dim ones.
with strange mexican music playing that i couldn't understand.
with a soft thud, the basket hit the table.
i watched in terror as my family got eaten alive.
after all of the suspense, i got taken.
the pain seemed to go on forever.
with each separate bite i was being torn apart.
then, the darkness. the tight squeeze.
into a cavern, where i couldn't see because it was littered with bodies.
horrible, dismantled bodies of my family and friends.
what came next was hard to describe.
something green and acidic came from the walls.
engulfing everyone around me.
then finally, me.
you don't want to know what happened next.

No comments:

Post a Comment