Tuesday, January 18, 2011

money money money.

we got an eviction notice on our house.
three days to pay at least $2300 dollars.
because we've had some rough patches,
i lost my job, so did my mom,
so we couldn't just live off of my step-dad's income.
and we ask the church.
my parents aren't active.
my step-dad hates the church.
what does the church say?
"we'll pay it if you come to church."
i go to church basically every sunday.
so i'm alright.
my parents haven't gone for years.
especially with their strong views upon
the church. because my step-dad is bitter.
i'm afraid i'll lose my house.
because my step-dad has lost his faith.
what am i supposed to do?
at least i have friends that love me.
that would allow me to live with them.
until my parents found a new place to live.
while they live in a camper.
i just wish things were different.
i wish i had more money.
because
money money money,
must be funny,
in a rich man's world.
says abba. real lines of truth, there.
if everyone had money, life wouldn't
be fantastic. we'd find other ways to be better.
wear gold stars on our forehead.
something, anything, to be better than one another.
which is a freakin' stupid way to live.
alright, i HATE money.
it is stupid. non-avoidable.
and a lot of people aren't grateful.
for anything they receive.
sure makes me change for the better.
i'm willing to sell everything i have.
just to keep this house.
because your life is terrible,
if you don't have a home to place your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment