Sunday, June 5, 2011

dear juliet,

why is it that i can't stand up for someone i adore?
how come i can't for that special someone?
what is wrong with me, that i can't compete?
who is supposed to change my view on life?
when will i have the courage to do that myself?
where is the confidence to keep me from striking out?
why is that quote, "don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game",
so accurate to my life?
i won't fight for you.
i will not stand up against another girl,
someone prettier, smarter, more courageous.
call me a coward, but i don't like rejection.
i don't like disappointing other people.
and frankly, i don't think i like disappointing myself.
i will tell you one thing, hoping for the other.
my good, sweet nature, will make you feel happy for your decision.
when in all actuality, i hate what i'm telling you.
i want you all for myself, but i have to be supportive.
it's who i am, who i've grown up to be.
call me a jealous, clingy, hog of a girl.
but what am i supposed to be in a world like this?
when there is so much that could take you away from me.
i care for you so much.
that's why i can't handle it when you talk about other girls.
i'm not that great. i can't put up a good fight.
the only way i'll be able to be completely happy,
is if i don't have to fight for you.
only that i have to fight to keep you

dear juliet, tell me the secrets of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment