Tuesday, March 15, 2011

sentimental.

small things mean lots to me.
i had a blade of grass.
that one of my best friends gave me,
and she just handed it to me one day.
while we were sitting on the grass together.
i placed it in my phone.
under the cover, and it stayed there.
for months and months.
then, getting out of my car,
in frustration, i dropped my phone.
lost that blade of grass.
you better believe that i cried.
because it held a memory to it.
that's my problem.
i like to call myself a 'hoarder',
because every little thing has sentimental meaning.
i have a pumba head that i used to take baths with.
a stuffed dog that i still sleep with.
twizzler pillow that has so many memories.
this weekend i got another item.
my nephew, two years old,
came up to me while i was laying on the couch.
put a hair tie around my wrist.
the hair tie was broken, and retied to work again.
i have no idea where it came from,
but it hasn't left my wrist since then.
and today i wore a beatles shirt.
i got sung to by a kid named hayden,
who is very fond of the beatles.
i will always remember that when i wear this shirt.
so if you ever give me something,
i will most likely remember you forever because of that thing.
hmm, i think i do the same thing with songs.
like, put people to songs.
because of a memory that happened during that song,
with that certain person,
whenever i hear that song, i will think of them.
it's my way of thinking of things, i suppose.
but right now, i'm tired. it's late.
i'm going to go to sleep.
have a wonderful wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment