Friday, March 18, 2011

all you need is love.

being a hopeless romantic sucks.
it really does.
i just finished a book, where love happens.
basically, i blame my condition on books.
and on movies.
that give me a silly idea of love.
or how someone is going to act.
it angers me deeply.
because i don't believe i'll ever get it.
so i read this book,
watch this movie,
get all giddy, and happy,
because i love when i see love.
i see it all around me.
everyday. 
between my friends.
complete strangers,
public displays of affection.
yet, i get nothing.
no romance,
no spending a night, 
cuddling underneath the stars.
walking hands down the beach.
riding a ferris wheel, holding hands.
swinging on the swings and sharing a moment.
having that 'spark',
and acting on it, and never regretting it.
but... i guess great things come to those who wait, 
am i right?
don't get me wrong, though.
i love hearing about other people's romance.
i'm just in such a hole with my own,
there isn't anything i can do but be excited.
hyperventilate when someone tells me something great.
i will love with everything i have,
and hopefully, this romantic thing will pay off.
and someone will eventually love me back.
it could be a while, i know.
until then, i'll fill up with movies and books.
friends and family, people telling me what love is.
so i know, that when it happens, it's real, and i don't screw it up.
because, as this book said...
once you love something, or someone,
it's the hardest thing in the world to let them go.
all you need is love, love.
love is all ya need.

No comments:

Post a Comment