Sunday, March 13, 2011

better.

i love when you hear something,
or see something, or taste something,
and it changes your life completely.
even if it's something small.
today, i went to church.
then i did shut-ins.
that's when we take the sacrament,
to people that aren't mobile,
or are too old to come to church.
one of the old ladies that we visit..
i told her the typical thing.
"i hope you have a good week!"
then she took my hand and smiled.
"they're all good, dear.
some are just better than others."
changed my mood completely around.
that is an amazing way to look at life.
i told her that was a great thought.
because it took me back in my own thoughts.
to think of how good we have it.
and how bad some others have it.
it's like, we don't have anything to be sad about.
that simple statement changed my life.
and i plan on saying that my week has been good,
even if it hasn't been.
because some are just better than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment