Friday, May 9, 2014

go

how about you try to explain it to me
why it was so easy for you to let go
after everything we've been through together
every laugh and every smile
the songs we'd sing together
the moments that i'll cherish forever

how you looked me in the eyes
and promised me that you loved me
that you were going to be with me
and fight for me
work with me
to get to a place where we could be happy

you made me feel important
made me feel loved and special
only to turn around and say i wasn't something you wanted from the beginning
like i didn't give my all for you

would have taken a bullet in my heart
rather than lose yours

tell me why that's okay
because clearly i'm not understanding
how one so important can suddenly be stranded
their heart dangling from a tree branch

trying not to fall down
to prevent itself from breaking
keeping one arm towards the sky
waiting to be given a hand
from the one that they love

who let them go

No comments:

Post a Comment