Saturday, April 28, 2012

viva, rock vegas.

so i realized that this is going to be a very eye opening experience.
i move out here to vegas, expecting a four month visit.
little did i know i was going to be starting work the day after i get out here.
not only work,
but at a dental office.
with no dental background or prior knowledge of the subject.
then i figure out i'm going to be put into the dog pit as soon as possible.
taking on a whole other position that i wasn't aware of.
then as i'm getting comfortable,
i start disliking the place.
and as i start to look forward to the end of the four months,
my sister tells me i should stay and go to school.
convinces me that it is the best thing for me to do.
that i'll be able to work part time and go to school part time,
out here in vegas.
this all sounded great to me at the time.
i want to go to school, and here it's a very possible option.
utah would have been more difficult for me.
but as i begin to think about it,
i have no friends out here.
absolutely zero friends.
and you can't exactly go out on friday nights
to local places and just make friends.
cause you have to be twenty-one to even do anything.
what about all of my friends back in utah that i love?
sure, i'll be able to make new friends out here when i start going to school.
but that probably won't be until august, and this summer
is going to be a terrible summer without my friends.
hopefully this is all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment