Saturday, September 3, 2011

just keen people.

we met by a piece of paper.
nothing more, nothing less.
i had never heard of you before in my life.
but we had one thing in common -
that piece of paper.
once i heard your voice,
i grew infatuated with it.
you sounded handsome,
and i was vulnerable.
i was searching for something i didn't need,
but i wanted.
i started to like you.
open up to you about everything,
even though i didn't know you.
didn't talk to you in person.
you were goofy, funny.
comic relief.
things you did creeped me out.
still do to this day.
my friends know you as creepy.
for better interests, i didn't ask you to be my sweetheart.
but someone else did.
and you forgot about me.
that hurt the worst.
after all i thought we had,
and then you forgot about me.
i cried over you, and my heart kept you out.
but i went with a different sweetheart,
and i wouldn't change that for the world.
this sweetheart was someone i could rely on.
a rock, someone who wouldn't destroy me.
then you came back to me.
almost begged me for a second chance.
and i gave it to you.
i let you talk to me.
we actually hung out, and it was awkward.
you were one of the most awkward people ever.
i didn't like spending time with you,
because you made me feel awkward being with you.
i knew you liked me more than i liked you.
because i can't like someone over texting.
i need to know them in person.
and you...
i knew too well over texting.
it was hard to put two and two together.
then, you told your family about me.
and they decided i was bad.
talking about someone you hardly know,
telling people that person doesn't even know,
and giving them an automatic negative outlook me...
was a very low move.
because now, i can never change that first impression.
the one that made you stop talking to me.
that hurt, once again.
and my sister told me to never talk to you again.
and i wasn't going to.
until your brother,
someone who would end up ruining our friendship,
told me to talk to you again.
so i did.
for him, not for myself, but for you.
because you were a wreck over me.
which is seriously... silly.
i couldn't relate to anything you talked about,
but i liked talking to someone.
it seemed like someone cared enough to talk to me.
even when i was in a bad mood.
then, we just started fighting over everything.
and all i saw was a negative person that argued with me for no reason.
my interest was lost.
then, i had other boys that were catching my attention.
and you started seeming that much better.
you had stuck with me for this long,
maybe there was a chance.
i pictured our kids, getting married to you,
spending time with your family.
because i liked your family, and they seemed to like me.
i started to like you again.
but there was one thing you lacked...
experience.
and you got jealous over things you shouldn't have.
it pushed me away to someone with experience,
that took the reins.
and things got out of hand, and ruined a lot of things for me.
now you told your family about it,
and they hate me, and i know you will always resent me for that.
but you confessed your love for me.
and that pushed me away once again.
your feelings are overpowering my feelings,
and you're not giving me room to breathe.
or to even think about things,
because you do all the thinking for me.
i tell my mom everything about you,
and she, as a little sneak,
tells my stepdad everything about you.
do you know what he said to me?
better scoop up that boy,
not many have that type of dedication.
that's just it.
i'm not ready for that type of dedication.
i do care about you,
and now you know how i was feeling throughout this whole thing.
you're someone who i'll always remember,
and tell my kids about.
right now, i'm not ready for your intensity.
when i know you've been on a few more dates,
and figure out what you like,
by dating other girls,
then i'll be motivated when you say i'm still your type.
even if you don't like me anymore.
i'll always be here for you,
to talk to.
i'll try to be better to talk to.
just for you.

1 comment: